For an upcoming project, we would like to get in contact with professionals who are interested to work with us.
In the position of Electrician, you will be working on-board Mobile Offshore Units (former drilling rigs) active in the North Sea in a schedule of 3-3 weeks. Projects involve modification, de-complexing, plug & abandonment, construction removal and decommissioning of oil and gas installations offshore.
The Electrician is responsible for carrying out maintenance and operations on all electrical equipment on the unit, and electronic equipment as within his capabilities and proficiency. The Electrician maintains essential electrical services in an emergency.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Carries out maintenance and repairs to the electric and electronic installations and equipment onboard the unit under the direction of the Chief Engineer;
- Ensures that all work assigned is prepared, risk assessed, and carried out in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the Permit to Work system;
- Is responsible for all preventive, scheduled- and unscheduled maintenance, daily routines per checklist, and repair of all electric and electronic equipment and systems on board (e.g. power supplies, supplies appliances, switchgear, regulators, heaters, transformers, electrical motors, pumps, generators, alternators and electrical-, electronic-, hydraulic- and pneumatic control systems and other related devices) with guidance of the maintenance management system and complying to the company standards and applicable regulations;
- Assists in requisition and purchase of electronic spares and consumables;
- Establishes and maintains an accurate log system within his area of responsibility and in accordance with the company policies, and ensures correct entry of (electrical) maintenance records;
- Is responsible for the registration of all portable electric tools on the installation, and maintains the megger list in the Preventive Maintenance System (PMS).
- Working with a professional and ambitious rig owner;
- Long-term projects in a fixed rotation;
- Employment conditions that meet Dutch and International law;
- Timely monthly pay;
- Working with a professional and trustworthy organization having a strong international network.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience in a similar offshore(rigs) position no less than 5 years;
- Electrical education;
- Compex/ATEX 137;
- NEN 3140/ NEN-EN 50110;
- Good command of the English language (both verbally as written);
- Ability to work in a team, be flexible and have a high safety awareness;
- Valid Medical and Basic Offshore Training;
- Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain;
- Ability to travel and work in the EEU.
Please note that candidates who do not meet the above criteria will not be considered for this position. Please look for other opportunities at jobs.marlow-offshore.com