For upcoming projects, we would like to get in contact with professionals who are interested to work with us. In the position of Assistant Engineer, you will be working on-board Mobile Offshore Units(former drilling rigs) active in the North Sea in a schedule of 3-3 weeks. Projects involve modification, de-complexing, plug & abandonment, construction removal and decommissioning of oil and gas installations offshore.
The assistant engineer is responsible for ensuring that assigned maintenance activities by the chief engineer are properly carried out.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Operates and maintains all job relevant equipment within the manufacturers’ specifications, companies’ operational procedures and class requirements and performs duties with awareness to avoid dangerous situations;
- Carrying out watch keeping duties in the engine room and during bunkering operations.
- Day to day maintenance and repair works on the unit, including the overall housekeeping in machinery spaces;
- Maintain all mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment and systems on board the platform with guidance of the planned maintenance system. Preventive maintenance on all mechanical equipment and systems like; main engines, air compressors, potable water system, sewage treatment system, pumps, cranes, air conditioners, etc;
- Scheduled inspections of operating equipment and completion the related job order and check sheets;
- Reporting on used spare parts and advise timely about stock variations;
- Deputy chief engineer
What we offer
- Working with a professional and ambitious rig owner;
- Long-term projects in a fixed rotation;
- Employment conditions that meet Dutch and International law;
- Timely monthly pay;
- Working with a professional and trustworthy organization having a strong international network.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience in a similar offshore position onboard drilling rigs or MOU's, no less than 5 years;
- Good command of the English language;
- Valid Medical and Basic Offshore Training;
- Fire team member, Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain;
- Ability to travel and work in the EEU.
Please note that candidates who do not meet the above criteria will not be considered for this position. Please look for other opportunities at jobs.marlow-offshore.com