In the position of Mechanic, you will be working on-board Mobile Offshore Units (former drilling rigs) active in the North Sea in a schedule of 3-3 weeks. Projects involve modification, de-complexing, plug & abandonment, construction removal and decommissioning of oil and gas installations offshore UKCS.
The Mechanic is responsible for ensuring that assigned maintenance activities by the chief engineer are properly carried out.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Operates and maintains all job relevant equipment within the manufacturers’ specifications, companies’ operational procedures and class requirements and performs duties with awareness to avoid dangerous situations;
- Carrying out watch keeping duties in the engine room and during bunkering operations;
- Day to day maintenance and repair works on the unit, including the overall housekeeping in machinery spaces;
- Maintain all mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment and systems on board the platform with guidance of the planned maintenance system. Preventive maintenance on all mechanical equipment and systems like; main engines, air compressors, potable water system, sewage treatment system, pumps, cranes, air conditioners, etc;
- Scheduled inspections of operating equipment and completion the related job order and check sheets;
- Reporting on used spare parts and advise timely about stock variations.
What we offer
- Working with a professional and ambitious rig owner;
- Long-term projects in a fixed rotation;
- Employment conditions that meet Dutch and International law;
- Timely monthly pay;
- Working with a professional and trustworthy organization having a strong international network
The ideal candidate would have
- Experience in a similar (motorman, mechanic) on board rigs no less than 5 years;
- Good command of the English language (both verbally as written);
- Ability to work in a team, be flexible and have a high safety awareness;
- Valid Medical and Basic Offshore Training;
- Fire team member, Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain;
- Ability to travel and work in the EEU.
Please note that candidates who do not meet the above criteria will not be considered for this job. Please look for other opportunities at jobs.marlow-offshore.com